Monday, December 1, 2008

Twitter: not impressed so far

Our next assignment was to explore Twitter, a service that allows you to keep in touch with other folks through quick, short messages. It's kind of like instant messaging from you computer (actually you can do it from your cell phone also).

I did some searching for Darby related "tweets", but found very little. Twitter is not about sharing complex information. It's more about keeping in touch, sharing tidbits about how your day is going, or just venting a little.

Personally, I can't see the attraction. I signed up and am following a few friends, but it doesn't seem a good substitute for a good converstation. And I don't like the fact that it adds another layer of responsibility to my day, since it would seem rude to ignore someone's message.

No comments: